Monday, June 9, 2008

I'll Be Loving You. . .



In Loving Memory of
MKS
1/7/1917 - 6/9/2003

I am raising my glass of chilled pink wine: here's to Yugoslavia, and your beautiful smile and laugh; here's to long weekend visits with you, and your belief in me; here's to your generosity, Yugoslavia, and your grace; here is to your strength, and your wisdom; here is to your flamingo pink lipstick worn to an itsy nub and your t-strap Ferragamo shoes; here is to the manicures you gave me as a little girl, and to attempting to teach G. and me 'The Lords Prayer' (forgive us 'snot' our trespasses); here is to your hidden stashes of candy, your flimsy nighties, your sneaking off for a smoke, and Yugoslavia; here is to everything I haven't mentioned, or have forgotten to mention. Here is to the wonder that was you.
I'll love you. . .always.

No comments: